Monday

The Great Great Lakes Tour

This last week was so full I didn't have a chance to post. I was busy studying, enjoying and wondering about James Castle's work being exhibited at the Berkeley Art Museum. All the commentators are hearing. Many are in the art world and/or academia. Some are family members. Only one old man was Deaf and had a tiny segment of a film where he tried to educate hearing people on what the young James Castle probably experienced as a deaf boy one hundred years ago in a school for the deaf.

James Castle lived 78 years without language.

I want to tell you all about what I learned from another man who had no language whom I interviewed last week, but first I have to pack.

I hope to finish this before I leave for Chicago and Michgan in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment